Author Topic: How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-T999) FREE without Unlock Code or Rooting  (Read 20172 times)

Briggz5d

• Administrator
A regular client paid me a visit today. He owns almost every latest gadget, from iPhone 5, iPad, Blackberry z10, and just added a Samsung S III (sgh-t999) to his collection.

Like all his other gadgets, I have to either unlock, Jailbreak, Download applications, sync contacts and show him some tips on how to fully utilize them. Easy-breezy, but there was a problem, I've never Unlocked or Rooted a Samsung Android Device!

I turned to Google for help, and found several websites offering Unlock services for a Fee! all they require is the IEMI number of the device and Payment ranging from $3 to $30. I also found Several tutorials showing how to Root Samsung Galaxy, but the warning about the possibility of Bricking the device (rendering it useless) scared me.
Phone repair shops requested to do the unlock for 5000 Naira  :o

Finally turned to YouTube and Found this Great Video Tutorial showing Exactly how to Unlock a Samsung Galaxy S III for free without the Unlock code or without Rooting it. Others might be looking for this, so I'm sharing it.

How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S III FREE (without Network Unlock Code or Rooting)
  • Insert the Unrecognized Sim Card into the Samsung Galaxy S III and Turn it on, At the screen that requests for "SIM NETWORK UNLOCK CODE" Press "Dismiss"
  • Open your Phone Dialer and enter this: *#197328640# You should now be presented with SERVICEMODE Menu as shown in the picture below.
  • Select [1]UTMS, Select [1]DEBUG SCREEN, Select [8]PHONE CONTROL, Select [6]NETWORK LOCK, Select [3]PERSO SHA 256 OFF - wait about 30 seconds
  • Tap you Menu Button and Press BACK to return to the [6]Network Lock Menu, Then Select [4]NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ
  • Press the Home Key to return to Normal Screen then HOLD the Power Button on the Side, Select POWER OFF.

Turn on Your Device. Notice that the Network Unlock code is No longer requested?
Your SIM now connects to your local network! If the instructions are not clear enough, Follow the Pictures and Video Below:
Got questions? Don't hesitate to Ask using the REPLY button below.

Unlock Samsung Galaxy S III >>> Unlock Samsung Galaxy>>>Samsung Galaxy S3 >>>Unlock Samsung Galaxy S3 >> Samsung galaxy unlock >> Samsung Galaxy S3

<a href="http://youtu.be/f1hzeBEeO_k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/f1hzeBEeO_k</a>

If this worked for you, Please do say thanks - Like - Tweet - Google Plus this to help others find it easily.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 01:59 PM by Briggz5d »
Soki Briggs -

gladwin

cool its works...for me .......... nice share .....

Maxwell Ati

thanks for your post,i need to unlock my samsung galaxy note 1. pls help. your post was helpful . pls help

jicorda

Its nice to hear you, the instruction and method is too good to understand for newbies. I think you can assist me in getting the guidance of which unlock service i use for unlock samsung galaxy s4? i take a look on safe unlock code and cell unlocker services. I am confused which one to use =/
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 05:03 PM by Briggz5d »

Samsung Galaxy S4 Unlock services
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 05:07 PM »

Briggz5d

• Administrator
I haven't used any of the unlock services you asked about so can't really vouch for them- Don't like paying for things i can do myself.
Soki Briggs -

Fawaz

Guys please help.. i dont see the fourth option in my phone, that is [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ
why?? anyone know??

Ariel

hey i got and do everything but i don't have or see [4]NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ

Briggz5d

• Administrator
Hi Ariel, Are you trying to do this on the exact model of phone specified in this post or a related one.
please try the process again - Maybe it doesn't work for all carrier ?
Soki Briggs -

Shaq

I have sgh-t999 android 4.3 I tried the procedure but in the last step the [4] does't show up. Pls I need help.

Briggz5d

• Administrator
Hello Shaq, sorry you're having difficulty getting this to work for you.
I would advice you try the steps multiple times (more than 2 or 3 times), pay special attention to Step 4 which requires you to press menu button and press BACK, before the [4] will be displayed.

Also use the video included as a guide.
Soki Briggs -

LarryLar

Doesn't work on 4.3,  Samsung changed the bootloader. 

AndsH2014

Larry is right. This only works on os 4.1.1

Ecobuchi

What of SGH T999 with os 4.1.2
i did not see the option 4 in my samsung SGH T999 with os 4.1.2
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:16 PM by Briggz5d »

Briggz5d

• Administrator
Ecobuchi, others suggest that the bootloader for 4.1.2+ is different, but i gotto admit - that step is a bit tricky.
4. Tap you Menu Button and Press BACK to return to the [6]Network Lock Menu, Then Select [4]NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZE.
Maybe try again or downgrade, unlock then upgrade?
Soki Briggs -

Ecobuchi

please how do i down grade it because it does not work the option 4 does not show.
it states this once i reached that point
SHA256_ENABLE_FLOG(0)
SHA256_OFF=>NOT CHANGE

PLEASE HEIP OUT
THANKS
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:09 PM by Briggz5d »

Briggz5d

• Administrator
Hi, i don't have the device right now to check the steps over again.
Hope you saw the video and followed as shown.
About downgrading you will need the Samsung Kies software to do that or find a tutorial from xda android forum.
Soki Briggs -

Latest November Etisalat/Mtn Operamini, Bolt, Ucweb, Ebuddy and Nimbuzz Free browsing Cheats

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 3
Views: 9343
Last post February 26, 2012, 08:18 AM
by Briggz5d
MTN Nigeria Free Double Internet Data Bundle Offer (Activate 100MB get 200MB)

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 0
Views: 9253
Last post October 13, 2012, 08:39 AM
by Briggz5d
Etisalat Nigeria FREE Christmas Air-time Give away on Twitter

Started by Briggz5d

Views: 2770
Last post December 24, 2011, 11:51 PM
by Briggz5d
Airtel and MTN Nigeria give FREE Facebook Browsing to subscribers

Started by Briggz5d

Views: 4361
Last post September 23, 2012, 07:43 PM
by Briggz5d
Etisalat Nigeria Free 100MB EasyBlaze Promo...

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 1
Views: 19800
Last post February 27, 2012, 12:03 PM
by folashade

Help Others find this Post - Share it.

Custom Search

Recent Posts

Contact Us!

For Adverts, Sponsorship, inquiries and Stories

admin@Ngbuzz.com

+2348035053935