The Nigerian Army now invites eligible and qualified citizens interested in experiencing life in the Army without pursuing a career in the Army into various positions in the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC)
or Short Service Combatant (SSC)
Civilians and force personnel can both apply for the SSC.
The submission of Online application began on Wednesday March 27th 2013 and will end on the 12th of May 2013. Application in the DSSC and SSC are to be completed Online before the date of closure above.Click here to View all Requirements for CSSClick here to View all Requirements for DCCSHow to apply for Nigerian Army DSSC / SSC 2013 Recruitment.
The online Application process cost a fee of N2500.00 payable Any Ecobank branch near you - Follow these procedures for how To apply:
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Purchase your pin code from any branch of Ecobank after the payment of N2,500.00 into the army’s account.
- Depending on your type of application choice, Log-on to Direct Short Service or Log-on to Short Service Combatant.
- Read all Instructions and Click REGISTER. Enter all personal details accurately and the PIN code provided by the Banks.
- Log-in to begin filling the forms and upload documents and passport.
- Applicants are to print out their online generated photo-card on completion of their application, which will be required from successful candidate during interview.
Individual applying for the DSSC will be granted for 10 years, for an initial probation period of 3 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years.
Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as commissioned officer.
All selected candidates will be required to undergo an initial military training.
Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of lieutenant with no advantage of seniority except for fully registered Medical Doctors, Architects, Lawyers and holders of doctorate degree in fields relevant to individual Service who will be commissioned in the same rank but with 3 months seniority.
Applicant of the SSC will be granted for 10 years. Six years will be on active list renewable thereafter for a period up to 3 years. No extension is admitted after the ninth year of commission except on conversion to regular combatant where applicable.
Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of second lieutenant.
Conversion to regular commission is not automatic. It is based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions governing the Short Service Combatant Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.