Author Topic: The 'flashing' Trend In Nigeria's Mobile Phone users.  (Read 2398 times)

Briggz5d

• Administrator
Guest Post By Guapo

To be Candid this would be one of the most amusing topics or Question per say to be asked both on Ngbuzz and elsewhere.

Its obvious a good number of Nigerians are into this act dubbed 'flashing' which simply implies Dailing a number from your cellphone and cutting the call at its instant ring, very funny if you may ask me.

Unlike in other parts of the world, 'flashing' have been widely recognised in Nigeria [all thats left is to pass it into law] and also been reciprocated well by recipients. Having Influential Men practising this act is the most eyesoreing part of the whole tale since its obvious they are not hindered from making calls with the money they have.

Arguably, 'flashing' have helped many Nigerians who seem not to recognise the importance of recharging their phones, having 50kobo in your phone will surely get u alerting a recipient u wish to call and with u still holding on to it for a nearby future.
On the other hand, the trend 'flashing' have emersely dent the gentleman image of most Nigerians, just imagine yourself been widely known as 'The flasher'! Lol, thats no doubt a shame to carry along.

And this menance which propelled me droping this thread is the of lately assumption of the 'flashing' strategy by my younger brother to alert me [he wouldn't do foreign call] of which i must call back to know whats up erians who seem not to recognise the importance of recharging their phones, having 50kobo in your phone will surely get u alerting a recipient u wish to call and with u still holding on to it for a nearby future.
On the other hand, the trend 'flashing' have emersely dent the gentleman image of most Nigerians, just imagine yourself been widely known as 'The flasher'! Lol, thats no doubt a shame to carry along.

And this menance which propelled me droping this thread is the of lately assumption of the 'flashing' strategy by my younger brother to alert me [he wouldn't do foreign call] of which i must call back to know whats up

Everybody is guilty of this trend - Should it be stopped? Banned? encouraged?
Your views
Soki Briggs -

Re: The 'flashing' Trend In Nigeria's Mobile Phone users.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 01:11 PM »

ClintonSpel

Encourage i guess... its really helpfull for those who have low airtime.. i think it should be encouraged...

The Etisalat "WIN A COUNTRY PROMO" Is not from us! - Etisalat Nigeria:

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 0
Views: 2459
Last post August 17, 2012, 09:05 PM
by Briggz5d
Enjoy FREE Internet access in Nigeria with Free Zone by Google + Airtel

Started by Briggz5d

Views: 9336
Last post December 22, 2013, 01:25 PM
by Briggz5d
MTN Nigeria Free Double Internet Data Bundle Offer (Activate 100MB get 200MB)

Started by Briggz5d

Views: 9251
Last post October 13, 2012, 08:39 AM
by Briggz5d
New MTN Nigeria Simple surf Hourly Internet Bundle subscription Plan and Prices

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 1
Views: 11773
Last post November 11, 2012, 04:16 PM
by CASMIR
Finally, Etisalat introduces cheapest UNLIMITED Internet Data plan in Nigeria