Import Customer Service (Pre-Call) - Safmarine Location:
Maersk Line, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting Line: To report to the Safmarine Import Manager
Delivering superior Customer service the ‘Safmarine Way’ and in line with Safmarine strategy ‘W1nning Edge’.www.ngbuzz.comPrincipal Accountabilities
1. Active involvement in execution of Safmarine strategy key points
Measurement of Safmarine performance against targets in relation to score-card
Ensure increase in customer participation and satisfaction survey results (Access and Experience targets)
Equipment management with clear target for reduction of longstanding containers
2. Handle all Safmarine Import related Pre-call activities based on vessel report.
Precall tasks to be handled with the mindset of “preventing service failures” against normal trend of “solving problems from service failures” or “fire fighting".www.ngbuzz.com
Ensure arrival notices are sent timely and delivered to customers.
Monitor TBL shipments and co-ordinate same with necessary desks.
Ensure BL parties are correctly updated in all related systems according to customer requirements
Ensure increase in invoicing accuracy via completion of tasks and correct updates of concerned parties
Ensure cargo concessions given prior to arrival are documented and properly applied
3. Handle all customer service related issues
All customer notifications (weekly updates, cargo rolling, routing problems, short-shipments, rotation numbers)
Customer and/or Origin Transshipment or Reshipment request
Manifest related issues
Customer invoice enquires (co-ordinate with Freight team)
Intra & Internet updates www.ngbuzz.com
Coordination of branding & events
Handle all customer data base related issues/enquires
Update Access & Experience (A&E) clients and other customer information in our database
Handle container step-down enquires
· Handle customer’s complaints and ensure corrective actions are initiated, thus preventing repetition of the same mistakes.
· Inter and Intra department relationship - especially with back-office counter and Manifest team (Customer service team)
· Attend to mail communications within the time period as directed by Safmarine - Ensure prompt/ effective communication and ensure clear differentiation between internal correspondence and external correspondence (clients – overseas agents)Knowledge Areas/ Skills/ Capabilities
Commercially sound to understand business needs of our customers and deliver the Safmarine way
Multitasking abilities required
High degree of service mindedness required
Effective communication and probing skills
Very high sense of ownership and initiative
Problem solving and Inter personal skills.
Sound understanding of shipping business and logistics.
MS OfficeApplication Deadline: 20th May, 2011
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online