Author Topic: One husband, 39 wives, 94 children - Meet the World's Largest Family.  (Read 2690 times)

Briggz5d

• Administrator
The saying "The more, the merrier" is certainly true for Mr. Ziona Chana. The 66 year old man lives in India's remote northeast with His 39 wives, 94 children and 33 grandchildren  :o
And he wouldn't mind having more Wives and children.

The entire family lives in a four story building with 100 rooms in a mountainous village in Mizoram state, sharing borders with Myanmar and Bangladesh. I guess you could call this their little mansion

Mr. Ziona was once quoted saying "I once married 10 women in one year."

Family members of Ziona Chana in Baktawng village, India, on Oct. 7, 2011.

His wives share a dormitory near Ziona's private bedroom and locals said he likes to have seven or eight of them by his side at all times.  :-X

The sons and their wives, and all their children, live in different rooms in the same building, but share a common kitchen.

A view of Ziona Chana's house in Baktawng, India. He lives in this 4-story, 100-room house with 181 members of his family.

The wives take turns cooking, while his daughters clean the house and do washing. The men do outdoor jobs like farming and taking care of livestock.

The family, all 167 of them, consumes around 200 pounds of rice and more than 130 pounds of potatoes a day. They are supported by their own resources and occasional donations from followers.

Children of 67-year-old Ziona Chana have lunch at their home

"Even today, I am ready to expand my family and willing to go to any extent to marry," Ziona said.

"I have so many people to care (for) and look after, and I consider myself a lucky man."

Ziona met his oldest wife, who is three years older than he is, when he was 17.

He heads a local Christian religious sect, called the "Chana," which allows polygamy. Formed in June 1942, the sect believes it will soon be ruling the world with Christ and has a membership of around 400 families.

Hindu, India's dominant religion, does not allow polygamy, but the nation's laws allow Muslim men to have more than one wife.

India, the world’s second-most populous country behind China, has a birth rate of 2.6 babies for each woman. That pace is expected to keep India's population rising. Analysts say India will reach 1.53 billion population by 2030, when it will surpass China as No. 1 in population.

The United Nations Population Fund, which predicts the world population will reach 7 billion by Oct. 31, says that the world will be on its way to 9 billion 20 years later.

God Help Us all
msnbc
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:24 PM by Briggz5d »
Soki Briggs -

No comments for this topic.

Guinness World Records Oldest Living person.

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 2
Views: 1667
Last post February 19, 2012, 09:22 AM
by Blessed stanley
Most important values children should be taught.

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 0
Views: 1727
Last post May 17, 2011, 12:27 PM
by Briggz5d

Help Others find this Post - Share it.

Custom Search

Recent Posts

Contact Us!

For Adverts, Sponsorship, inquiries and Stories

admin@Ngbuzz.com

+2348035053935