Briggz5d

When you fill forms Online or register on a website - all the basic information required to successfully complete the application form and submit are easy to get.
Examples are: Name, date of birth, email address, Country and phone number - But one of the most difficult one of them all to answer CORRECTLY is usually the "ZIP / POSTAL CODE"

NO - Nigeria's ZIP / POSTAL code is NOT 234 for all cities and states as most people think - Rather +234 is only the International Dialing Code for Nigerian phone numbers.. example +2348031234567

WHAT IS MY ZIP / POSTAL CODE?
Postal / Zip codes are required to make locating a post office near you easier, so that your letters and packages can be easily delivered. It is used to groups areas in a city and makes the postman's job a lot easier finding residential / office addresses.

To find out your zip / postal code is easy using one of the oldest and still striving institutions in Nigeria - "THE NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE" - (NPS)

Yes, The Nigerian Postal Services still works despite internet / email and the other Big names in the Business (DHL, UPS, FEDEX) taking over delivery of letters and packages faster. The NPS still offer P.O Box address amongst other services for individuals and corporations.

Here's how to find your postal / Zip code in Nigeria:
  • Visit Zip Codes Postal Websitehttp://www.zipcodespostal.com and scroll to the bottom to select Urban Postal codes for cities.
    They currently do not have Rural postal code for villages.
  • Select required State, Town / Local Government Area from the list and your correct postal / zip will be shown to you
The Official NIPOST website postal code search has been offline for a while now but thanks to Christopher for suggesting this one.

(See image of What the old NIPOST zip code search used to look like)

Did you find this post useful?? Don't be greedy - Help Others find it too by Clicking the Google + button.
share the knowledge with friends - Like it - Tweet it.. And Comment

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:25 AM by Briggz5d »

somuch

Re: How to easily Find Nigerian ZIP / Postal codes by state / city
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 03:25 PM »
thank you..

[Please help me to knw abt nigeria postal/zip code

allisonluvsu

Read the post carefully, the author really explained all that needed to be known about Nigeria Postal codes

Isioma Dike

Thanks so much, it really helpful

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 03:28 PM by Briggz5d »

FFFF

I followed yr procedure to get the postcode, but when i filled the 6-digit no in an online form I was told to enter it in the correct format.  Please what is d correct format?

Briggz5d

There's no particular format. It's possible that the online form you're filling does not allow Nigeria at all.
Confirm that you entered the country Nigeria before the ZIP code can be accepted.

froshdavs

Mr poster, I have been trying to get this but when I click on urban, the reply is "error no transport". Same thing happens to both rural and facility or whta is it call. Plsss, I need your help @ the admins...

Briggz5d

Hey Froshdavs,

I have just visited the site and had no issues getting zip code for rural and urban areas.
I Used a Computer and Mobile phone to access it, worked fine.
Suggestion: Ensure you're within 3G (HSPA) network coverage with fast internet because EDGE or slow internet makes it difficult to load.
Also Use a Web browser that allows running of scripts (Mozilla, Chrome) if on mobile, use the phones default browser (Not opera or UC web) because those two strips content the site needs to function fully.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:55 PM by Briggz5d »

Hi!! I use this way and I get my postal code but still are asking me to write correct zip.

Briggz5d

Why ZIP / Postal codes in Nigeria don't work on some sites.
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 07:53 AM »
Hello Ashiru,
It's possible that the reason why the generated and correct location ZIP code is not working on the site is because the registration or form you're completing does not accept Nigeria.
Confirm that Nigeria is listed amongst countries or share the name of the site, lets take a look.

James Jerry

How do i get a US address to cash my reserve
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 08:21 PM »
Hello.. There is an online business i am doing and it required my details for my cheque to be sent to me. At the process of my survey i couldnt see nigeria among the listed countries yet i have dollar to cash. Please i need ur help

wilson bello

Re: How to easily Find Nigerian ZIP / Postal codes by state / city
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 04:39 PM »
very good and signally helpful

The link provided here is down, please do you of any other working one?

hello Admin  but it seems the link to the nigeriapostcodes.com is not working but i found this one http://zipcodespostal.com they cover all postal codes in Nigeria. you can replace the nigeriapostcodes with it Thanks

Reasons why the USA Warned Citizens NOT to travel To Nigeria.

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 0
Views: 3456
Last post October 18, 2011, 07:20 AM
by Briggz5d
Application Procedure and Payment for U.S Visa In Nigeria Online

Started by samsonos

Replies: 0
Views: 2362
Last post June 15, 2016, 06:32 PM
by samsonos
5 Reasons why Nigeria is Better than United states of America