Briggz5d

GTBank Mobile Internet Banking App is another first from this awesome bank that integrates both Mobile Money Wallet for transactions which do not require token device and Internet banking in one Application for the convenience of its customers in Nigeria and abroad.

In this post I'll talk about how you can download, Install and use GTBank's Mobile Banking Application, explore some of its features as explained in a Twitter Webinar by @GTBank.

Quick Facts about GTBank Mobile Banking Application
  • The Application integrates Mobile Wallet and Internet Banking in One App
  • GTbank Mobile Money is available to everyone that owns a mobile phone while GTBank Internet Banking is available to GTBank Account Holders.
  • GTBank Mobile App is convenient, fast and can perform basically all banking transactions you would normally do at a local branch.
  • You can check your account balance, make transfers and cash withdrawals from GTbank ATM without a Card!
  • The Mobile Banking Application is compatible with Blackberry, Android, Apple iOS, Symbian and All Java Enabled phones.
  • A security Token is required to perform transactions on the GTBank Internet Banking app but the mWallet transactions do not require token.

How to Download GTBank Mobile Banking Application to your Phones (Blackberry, Android, iOS, Java)
If you are an Etisalat Nigeria Subscriber, then your SIM card is Pre-installed with the App and can be accessed from SIM Tool Kit / EasyWallet

RELATED POST: DOWNLOAD GTWORLD - THE NEW GTBANK MOBILE APP WITH EVEN MORE FEATURES

Internet Banking / Mobile Money Registration and Account Activation
After Application has downloaded successfully, you need to register by answering the questions asked by the app to use mWallet feature.
An sms will be sent containing your 6 digits activation token.
Enter the Activation token in the app and Create your 4 Digit PIN code which should be known ONLY by YOU!!!.

Read this post >> to Register for GTBank Internet banking online and Obtain Hardware Token

Funding your Mobile Money Account (MobileWallet)
Your Mobile Money account will be empty until you deposit money into it using any of the following means:
  • Transfer funds through Quickteller portal (http://www.quickteller.com) to your mobile wallet.
  • Transfer funds from your GTBank account to Wallet account (This works if you've Linked the accounts)
  • A Mobile Money user can also transfer money from His wallet to yours.

GTBank Mobile Money has been phased out by the launch of the full range of Internet Banking services available on the same app but you can still use it if you do not have your Hardware token with you to perform transactions.

Got Questions about this service? Email mobilemoney@gtbank.com or ask them here.
For more info: Visit GTBank Mobile App page.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:37 PM by Briggz5d »

I'm not impressed,other banks have mobile apps that give direct access to your account without needing a mobile wallet,without having to login to any portal,not impressed with GTbank at all,you need to step up.

Briggz5d

Hello Dr Adebiyi,

I guess GTBank listened to you and other customers who has similar complaints and finally integrated their Internet Banking services into the same App.

The GTBank Mobile App now has two services in one. You can perform all transactions you normally would do from the web page through the mobile app if you have a token or still use the mobile money feature without token.

Switch between Mobile Wallet and Internet banking by clicking the link at the bottom as shown in the image:
GTBank mobile wallet and Internet banking App

A CODE TO TRANSFER FROM GTB MOBILE WALLENT TO OTHER BANKS
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 12:50 AM »
Hi,
please i urgently need the code to transfer from mobile wallet to other banks e.g First Bank, UBA etc.
Thanks for helping out with the info.

Briggz5d

Code to transfer from GTBank to other banks
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 07:53 AM »
Hello Florence,
I assume you're referring to the *737# code that allows you make transfer if you press 2.

Gtbank mobile wallet is something different all together and uses the GTBank App to login and make transfers (without token)

I log in through mwallet which indicated to me that my account has been blocked when I signed in. Am totally confused and worried. Pls help me I don't know what to do now. I just got my Internet banking and password.

Briggz5d

Gtbank Internet banking login
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 05:54 AM »
Hello Lateef,
Please not that the login for Mwallet is your phone number and a password, while the login for Mobile internet banking is a long username made up of numbers like 7219******* and 4 digit password.

The app has both Mwallet and mobile banking so be sure you're on the correct interface before trying to login.

You may contact Gtbank help center: 0803 900 3900, they'll explain better, lift any bans or unlink your login details from a previous device you may have used cos the app locks to ONE phone for security reasons.
The customer care unit at any Gtbank branch can also be of great assistance.

SkyeBank Airtime Recharge Code Without Mobile App Or Internet

Started by samsonos

Replies: 0
Views: 10145
Last post June 03, 2016, 12:55 PM
by samsonos
Central Bank of Nigeria introduces 5,000 Naira Notes & Coins - My Review

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 0
Views: 4486
Last post September 24, 2012, 10:33 AM
by Briggz5d