Author Topic: Will Nollywood ever produce action movies?  (Read 2135 times)

Will Nollywood ever produce action movies?
« on: June 03, 2011, 09:32 PM »

Briggz5d

• Administrator
A few Nollywood movies have been released over the years that look like action movies but were very far from it. Doris - a guest, writes:

"Whenever I watch hollywood action movies like X-Men, Clash of the Titans, Pirates of the Carribean, A-Team, Enermy of the State, Matrix and so on, I begin to wonder when our own Nollywood actors and actresses will start acting professional movies like these. All of them are so fat, they can't even carry themselves anymore, they even carry pot bellies about when making advert on TV. See Angelina Jolie for example, mother of 6 children looking like a high school sweetheart. Can someone tell me when our own nollywood actors and actresses will begin to act professional movies? I am tired of seeing the same story line of nollywood movies everyday,  movie lovers in Nigeria want something new, what they are acting now is the same old rituals, the same old love stories (the romance are not even touching the heart anyway).

Some people are of the opinion that Nollywood actors / actresses should not make more fool of themselves by venturing into the action movie thing, since they are still very far behind in visual effects and making stunts look real. What do you think?
Your thoughts...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:36 PM by Briggz5d »
Soki Briggs -

No comments for this topic.

New Nollywood Movie titled "Lady Gaga" (see picture)

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 3
Views: 3451
Last post April 29, 2012, 08:43 PM
by ronkky86
Nollywood Star - Tonto Dikeh to represent Nigeria in Bigbrother Africa Season 8

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 0
Views: 2140
Last post April 14, 2013, 08:00 PM
by Briggz5d
Jackie Chan Quits Action Movies - Says "I want to be an Asian Robert De Niro"