Briggz5d

Good morning business minded individuals and law abiding citizens reading this post, you're here probably because you just registered a company or business name with the corporate affairs commission (CAC) and the next step after obtaining your certificate of incorporation would usually be to visit a state inland revenue board or Joint tax board office and provide your company information to get your Tax identity number.

Individuals who are also concerned about their tax status can also obtain a TIN which allows you remit tax directly and conveniently receive all incentives, tax allowances or exemptions due.

WHY OBTAIN A TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER?
1. The first and most important reason for a company to get their Tax Identification number after incorporation is because of legal implications.
It is required by law to pay tax - Company or individuals doing business in Nigeria without fulfilling this legal obligation can have serious implications on your business and directors of the company.
2. Tax clearance certificate: If you're interested in doing business with multinational corporations, contracts etc, A Tax clearance certificate is issued by the state tax office is required.
The document shows that you've payed your tax owed the government for a period. Besides that, it builds trust between you and other companies.
3. Tax Incentives, allowances and Waiver of custom duty fees: Some incentives are paid by the government to some companies in industries that increase the Countries GDP or foster economic growth. Example, importers / exporters do not need to pay high custom duties for.

Now that the Corporate Affairs commission (CAC) allows online registration of business name and company incorporation, it's the right thing for Joint Tax board to follow suit.

How to obtain TIN number Online
Visit the Joint tax board Online TIN Request portal.
You'll be required to SIGNUP for an account on the website to enable you login on next visits.
Fill out all information required correctly including identification documents for individuals and correct CAC number for corporations.

Let us know what you think of this new development and any issues you run into - hit the reply button.
Like - Tweet - G+ to tell others about this.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:03 PM by Briggz5d »

William Uba

Re: Get Tax identitification Number (TIN) Online in Nigeria.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 02:52 PM »
Under OTHER ID Section

I am trying to use the CAC registration No but it is not recognizing it.
It is still asking for Reg CAC Number, Name and Place of Issuance.
What do you i do. Please help.

Wole

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 11:32 AM »
Under OTHER ID Section

I am trying to use the CAC registration No but it is not recognizing it.
It is still asking for Reg CAC Number, Name and Place of Issuance.
What do you i do. Please help.

Hi William,

Please did you get any help with the "Other ID" section yet? Have you been able to sort it out?
I am faced with the face issue. Please kindly let me know how you were able to resolve it.

Kind regards,
Wole

Babyface

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 03:49 PM »
Please I misplaced my tax certificate. How can I retrieve my TIN? I will appreciate your quick response. Thank you.

Briggz5d

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 04:31 PM »
You can provide your company details / Reg number at a Local State office for them to retrieve your information or print a replacement of lost Details

Youth Enterprise With Innovation In Nigeria Programme (YouWIN) Application 2012

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 0
Views: 6397
Last post October 08, 2012, 12:17 AM
by Briggz5d
Submit a Business Plan YouWin 10M - Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria

Started by Briggz5d

Views: 1951
Last post January 02, 2014, 03:47 PM
by Briggz5d
SNYTEL Partners with Ericsson to Acquire NITEL Nigeria.

Started by Briggz5d

Views: 2795
Last post July 26, 2011, 07:29 PM
by Briggz5d
Google to Partner with Co-Creation Hub, Nigeria for Monetization Workshops

Started by mattmaik

Views: 1036
Last post January 18, 2016, 05:55 PM
by mattmaik
MADE IN NIGERIA CHALLENGE PROMOTED BY SENATE PRESIDENT