Briggz5d

Domain Name Registration

If you're using the Free Blogger.com Domain hosting then your website name will include Blogspot and look something like this :  (yourname.blogspot.com)

In this post; I'll be discussing how to register your own custom domain name (yourname.com) and remove the blogspot from it.

• Click on the Add custom Domain link and enter the New custom domain you would like - Check for availability.
    Register Custom Blogger Domain name

• You will be redirected to Google Checkout page to make a Credit / Debit card payment of $10 USD per year.
  • When payment is complete, you'll need to set up Google Apps for email and other services.
  • Remember to log back into your Blogger dashboard settings and redirect www.yourdomain.com to yourdomain.com

I Already Have a Domain name:
If you already purchased a domain and have access to the DNS configuration, then login to make the following changes which will direct your domain to Google servers. But if you do not have access to DNS management, then contact your host to make these changes for you.

ADD A CNAME RECORD
In DNS Settings, add a CNAME, enter "www" as the name and list ghs.google.com as the Host Name.

ADD AN A RECORD (optional)
Another way to link your naked domain name (yoursite.com) to the real site (www.yoursite.com) is to add an A name record. If this is skipped, visitors might not be able to reach your full domain.

In the list for IP address, Enter your domain this format "yoursite.com",
and enter the I.P. addresses shown below in the "A" section.
You need to create four separate A-records which point to four different Google IPs.

After this is done you can then  point your purchased domain name to Blogger?
Follow Steps 1 and 2 listed above, then Click on ADVANCED SETTINGS - See picture below.
Domain Name

Need Help with this? I can help you register your blogger .com .net domain and setup for $15 (2,400 Naira Only)
Reach me via the Contact Page

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:11 AM by Briggz5d »

About the Nigerian Blog Awards 2012 - Categories, Schedules, Nominations and mor

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 1
Views: 3301
Last post October 22, 2012, 01:26 PM
by Briggz5d
How to CORRECTLY find Free pictures for your Blog with Google Image search

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 0
Views: 2486
Last post September 24, 2012, 03:01 PM
by Briggz5d
Complete List of the Nigerian Blog Awards 2012 Winners