dada

Which SMF Mode can i use to create a Custom Home page?
« on: December 31, 2012, 02:02 AM »
I have a question please....I my sef am using smf for a particular website..and I would like to know what mod you are using for your default page....your default page has topics and a "write" and "read" comment section..pls how can i get the mod

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:45 AM by Briggz5d »

Briggz5d

SMF installation have a default Homepage which shows all Boards created, recent topics posted and some statistics about forum users. The default page looks something like this  - http://www.ngbuzz.com/index.php?action=forum

Like i always say - The SMF user support website has expert coders who have stocked up the SMF Modification page with lots of valuable accessories to make your SMF more beautiful, and more productive.

The Mod that allows me to create a Custom Homepage on SMF is called SIMPLE PORTAL and it is listed as the Most Popular Simple machines Forum Modification. You can find it on the SMF Modification page

Installing it is one thing - Understanding how it works is another, so lets get some settings established.
- When installed, the Mod will have a Menu in your administrative panel.
- Click simple portal, configuration >> General Settings >> and use "Front Page"
This will allow you create a custom front page by adding Blocks to it. (Simple Portal >> Blocks)

The Integration mode does not create a custom Homepage, but it allows you to create Blocks - Sidebar, Header, Footer your choice.

Got anymore questions about the use of this Mode? ask
Complicated questions should be directed to the Simple Portal Support post.

One thing i don't like about this mod is the Footer copyright information it adds to your website.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:11 AM by Briggz5d »

Foskaay

Re: Which SMF Mode can i use to create a Custom Home page?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 07:20 AM »
Thanks for this review to add to it something like AdPortal or a quick search of "Portal" on SMF Mod will help with upto date portal to use with your current SMF version.

Foskaay Team

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:09 AM by Briggz5d »

How to add Custom Feedburner email Subscription form below blogger post

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 0
Views: 5431
Last post September 25, 2012, 09:46 AM
by Briggz5d
How to Get a Custom .com Domain - Convert your long Blog name to .com .net

Started by Briggz5d

Views: 2086
Last post September 24, 2012, 02:01 PM
by Briggz5d
How to Defer Parsing of JavaScript in SMF to improve page speed.

Started by Briggz5d

Views: 4777
Last post September 27, 2012, 08:58 AM
by Briggz5d
Inspecting Page elements In 3D with Mozilla Firefox

Started by Briggz5d

Views: 2887
Last post December 28, 2012, 12:36 PM
by Briggz5d
How to check Your page Rank on Google - Ngbuzz Page ranking Checker tool