young cent

Happy St. Valantines Day (Lovers Days) New
« on: February 14, 2013, 10:59 AM »
Every February 14, across Nigeria and other places around the world, candy, flowers and gifts are exchanged between loved ones, all in the name of St. Valentine. But who is this mysterious saint, and where did we inherit these traditions  from?
Lets find out about the history of this centuries-old holiday, from ancient Roman rituals to the customs of Victorian England.

Valentinus was a priest in Rome during the 3rd century and at that time rules by emperor Claudius II.
It is said that Valentinus was executed because he disobeyed an order of the emperor.

In fact Emperor Claudius wanted to abolish marriage and convince males to not have any intimate or emotional attachment with females.

The Emperor thought that men without wives and family are better soldiers. As such he made marriage an illegal thing. Valentinus was opposed to this and conducted secret marriage ceremonies for lovers. When the Emperor was alerted of that practice, he ordered that Valentinus to be killed.

Since then, Saint Valentinus became the symbol of love and the angel that unite lovers.

All we know is that, today Valentines day is a festival of love, affection, caring and sharing Valentines day gifts with the person we love. And of course…a whole business of flowers, gifts, clothes and everything that are red.

As for me am out of here to see my val 8) send me your gifts am waiting!!!!! catch you all later bye for now,
from me to you

Happy Valentine’s Day Lovers! :-*

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:07 PM by Briggz5d »

5 Ingredients for a successful and happy relationship.

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 1
Views: 2105
Last post June 02, 2011, 05:35 PM
by d4rhym3s