Briggz5d

Dear Tinsel, why so many Tablet PC on the show?
« on: April 13, 2014, 08:40 PM »
I had some chill-time this Sunday to watch one of my favourite Nigerian television Soap opera - Tinsel on Africa Magic, One of Nigeria's most successful drama series - according to Wikipedia that has everyone hooked.

Couldn't help but notice that almost every Office, Home or Restaurant scene involving business ladies and gents shows off a Tablet PC - What's up with that?

If you've never noticed this odd trend, wait till the next episode and see for yourself.

Would love to get a direct response or comment from the producers but didn't find a contact, so i'm putting it out here.

Tinsel Soap Opera

My theories
The thought crosses my mind when ever i see Brenda Mensa, Phillip, that new Bri'ish accent girl or any other cast fiddling with their Tablet. I wouldn't be surprised if detective Sanke is given one too  ::)

Brand Sponsor
At first i thought maybe one of these Tablet manufacturers (Techno, iNfinix, Samsung or Apple) has signed a sponsorship deal with Tinsel but if that was the case, the brand name/logo will be displayed on the devices.

Tech Revolution
Another possible explanation is that this is all part of a grand plan to which demonstrates the technology revolution the show has gone through since 2008 when it was first aired.

Since Tinsel exports Nigerian culture, it is reflecting the tech craze and just being an ambassador but with Tablets?
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this - Hit the reply button below and leave a comment or two.

Must admit, it's nice posting to these sections of Ngbuzz again after months of Nonstop tech posts mainly because that's what i've been upto 7 days week.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:45 PM by Briggz5d »

Aleeluv

Re: Dear Tinsel, why so many Tablet PC on the show?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 05:50 AM »
I dont see the problem with it though..it doesn't hurt the eyes or take away from the plot.

Jay Leo

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:00 PM »
I watched carefully to check...quite true. Its overly advertised. I guess the idea is to portray some sorta hi-tech sophistication. But with tablets?...

allisonluvsu

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:53 AM »
Thats how it is now. Nigerians love showcasing na. If such things are not displayed, people will begin to think that the show is for the peasant ni. Lv loves it

Win Ten Million Naira (N10,000,000.00) in the TV show "The Challenge Arena"

Started by Biensy

Replies: 0
Views: 2991
Last post December 11, 2014, 11:36 AM
by Biensy
Important Notice about Peak Talent Show season 4 Audition Venues and dates 2012

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 0
Views: 9645
Last post September 24, 2012, 02:37 PM
by Briggz5d