Briggz5d

As part of its corporate social responsibility, the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Company has embarked on various projects aimed at human resource development in host communities.
One of such training projects has seen successful candidates commence training in Nigeria and Korea with Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd - The world's largest shipbuilding company.
We've spoke to some successful candidates currently studying in Korea and BVC Bonny - They seem very exited and grateful.

If you missed out on that opportunity - Here's another chance to be trained by Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) - one of the largest shipbuilders in the world and one of the "Big Three" shipbuilders of South Korea. (Wikipedia).

Samsung Heavy Industries Welding, Ship Building and Design training.
See three courses listed below, educational requirements and training duration.

1. Training in Basic welding and steel erection
Duration:  3 Months
Training Location: Bonny Vocational Centre, Bonny island, Rivers state.

Requirements:
1. SSCE/GCENECO Qualification.
2. Not less than Six months welding and steel erection experience.

2. NLNG Ship construction training (welding and steel Erection, Electrical, Painting)
Duration: 5 Months
Training Location: Samsung in Geoje, Korea.

Requirements:
1.  NABTEB/Trade Test(1)/ Minimum of City & Guilds Diploma / National Diploma in related field.
2. Not less than 2 years experience in the relevant field

3. LNG Ship Design - Computer Aided Design (CAD)
Duration: 5 Months
Training Location: Samsung in Geoje, Korea.

Requirement:
1. Bsc in Mechanical, Electrical or Architectural Engineering.
2. Experience in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suit.

Other General Information
Candidates who wish to apply for any of the listed positions must be resident in Nigeria and aged between 18 to 40. You must also be certified to be of Good health by a medical practitioner.

How to apply for LNG Samsung Welding, ship building and CAD Training 2014.
1. To start the Online Application Process - Click here to Visit the BVC Bonny SHI Portal from 2nd June.
2. Select the correct training course you wish to apply for to start the application process.
3. Enter your details correctly and upload required documents. An active email and phone number is important.

Application Deadline:
All Online Application forms must be completed and submitted from 2nd June to 15th June 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email and SMS for Aptitude test.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:43 PM by Briggz5d »

Good day sir, I applied for the Basic welding training ,I have not gotten any message, a friend of mine said he as received a message from you, regard the test.please I like to know why  I was not considered,for subsequent interviews or test.Please sir, I have ten years working experience as a welder in two major welding companies in Gabon.I needed your training to enable me family with the English names of tools,machines and materials
Thank you sir.

Briggz5d

Hey Samson,
One of the criteria for application is that you must be a Nigerian - That may have disqualified you.
Do well to check your email too, not just text.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:43 PM by Briggz5d »

Good day Sir,
I got the information late, I would love to fine out if there is any provision for a supplementary application. I am a Wizard in the use of the Auto Cad and Archi Cad Design Application. I have a National Diploma in Architecture and a Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engr and would really love to pertake.

Briggz5d

Sorry Adamu,
There's no provision for supplimentary admission - maybe you can try next year.

aa

Please i just want to make enquiry about this latest Samsung heavy Industry training. I have done the test on basic welding and steel erection. Will the company absorb the applicant after training and what is there salary and allowance for this basic welding position.

Briggz5d

Hello "aa"
I think the purpose of the training is to give you the required skill to be employable (skilled), this will also give you the opportunity to pursure other advanced training that may come up to boost your skills.

I guess all these questions about employment prospects, salary and allowances will be answered are better answered during Orientation for successful candidates.
Good luck.

Akpotu Henry

Dear Sir/Maddam ,                                                                                       

I am Henry from Delta state, I applied for Basic welding and steel erection training last month, I have an excellent SSCE result and 9 months expirirence in welding, my online application form was verified more than three times before submitting with correct details! I would like to know why I was not sent a text or email for the aptitude text! Secondly I would like to know when next will such opportunity be release for the host community and the nation at large. Thanks.........

Briggz5d

Hello Henry,
Sorry you didn't get any email or text message about the aptitude test, really can't explain why that happened.
About the schedule for next training - This is the second this year, so there's a chance that third batch may begin before the year.
We will post information about it when and if third batch of training begins.

Please I sat  for the ship building aptitude test, when is the result going to be out, and how many people will be considered for the ship building trainee?

Briggz5d

Hi Olakunle,
I expect the results to be out in less than a month.
The number of trainees is usually determined by availability of space and other factors.

jeneboye

Good day,
pls, I was invited for the test and was not privileged to attend the test, can I join the next batch in writin the test or can I re apply?

Briggz5d

Sorry you missed the test Jeneboye,
I doubt if the examinars would permit you to rewrite with any batches after your turn passed, best bet is to re-apply.

We will be sure to update you when the next training will commence for fresh applicants.

yejibro

Good day... actually, i wrote the exam on Basic welding and steel erection but i'm feeling somehow now that my level of qualification and experience is far above that category, i have a professional diploma in welding and fabrication technology which i went through fillet, plate and pipe welding in a petro-gas institute. i would have applied for shipbuilding but i don't have trade test. sir, please can u give me a brief content on what to expect on the course if given the admission. thank u

Briggz5d

Hey Yejibro,
Tradetest was not the only requirement to apply for that, National diploma is an acceptable equivalent.
I don't have details about the curriculum yet but i'll try to contact the current batch on your behalf.

Agboola

@Briggz5d, thanks for your prompt response. i heard SHI have  started sending out Interview invitation to Successful Ship Design and Ship Construction guys so, how true is it? if yes, how about the basic welding and steel erection. Thanks once more.

Briggz5d

Agboola, i haven't heard of interview invitations being recieved, any of our readers who received his/hers would be in the best position to inform us all.
I'm sure basic welding and steel erection invites will follow if ship design has commenced.

ekewhyte

I was called today and was asked if I have the VISA requirement which I answered in affirmative. I have just received the follow up mail stating the time and venue of the orientation. I wish to know if there will be any form of assiatance as regards to transportation for those of us coming from outside lagos and also how long is the orientation? Your prompt response will be appreciated. Regards

kelvsolo

i wrote the ship design test and i was sent an invitation for a practical test holding today at bonny vocational centre, whereas i heard others got visa invitation. i dnt understand

Justus Onele

pls addmin hw cn some one apply for the bvcbonny xams?

National Common Entrance Exam (NCEE) Result 2015 & Interview Test Registration

Started by samsonos

Replies: 0
Views: 14244
Last post June 05, 2015, 07:34 PM
by samsonos
University of Calabar (UNICAL) Post UTME 2015/2016 registration & exam schedule

Started by Briggz5d

Views: 4342
Last post July 29, 2015, 06:41 PM
by Briggz5d
Chevron & NNPC Joint Venture Scholarship 2013 for Nigerian Students. Apply Now!

Started by Briggz5d

Replies: 2
Views: 4811
Last post April 15, 2013, 06:45 PM
by Thummim
Sterling Bank Undergraduate Sketchamania Competition - Win 1Million, 500k & 250k

Started by Briggz5d

Views: 2474
Last post April 01, 2013, 09:00 AM
by Briggz5d
NECO SSCE (Internal) June / July 2015 Registration & Timetable download

Started by Briggz5d

Views: 5326
Last post March 10, 2015, 08:25 AM
by Briggz5d